The annual high school art competition that I sponsor in the 18thCongressional District. Learn more about the House of Representatives' nation-wide high school arts competition.
I run an internship program accepting college students interested in learning about the operations of a congressional office. In addition to general office support, interns assist my staff with constituent services, Capitol tours, and light research. Interns are also encouraged to attend hearings, lectures, and seminars available in Congress and around the Hill.
Military Academy Nominations
Each member of Congress, either in the House of Representatives or the Senate, is allowed a total of five appointees in each service academy. For each vacancy, I am allowed to nominate ten individuals. Learn more about the Military Academy nominations process.
Visiting Washington D.C.
For those constituents visiting the Washington D.C. area, I am pleased to offer this information on local tours and points of interest. My office can also help you make arrangements for some of the more popular Federal attractions in our Nation's Capital.
Other resources for parents
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: Parents and Teachers (U.S. Government Printing Office)
- CIA Parents and Teachers Pages
- EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff
- FEMA For Kids Resouces For Parents and Teachers (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
- Missing Children of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Kids Pages