COVID-19 Outbreak in Pennsylvania
As COVID-19 spreads, I want you to have the best information about latest updates in Pennsylvania.
Governor Wolf has issued a “Stay at Home” order to 7 counties in Pennsylvania – including Allegheny County.
If you live in Allegheny County, you can leave your home only to perform the following:
- Tasks essential to maintain health and safety, or the health and safety of your family or household members (including pets), such as obtaining medicine or medical supplies, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining supplies you need to work from home
- Getting necessary services or supplies for themselves, for your family or household members, or as part of volunteer efforts, or to deliver those services or supplies to others to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences
- Engaging in outdoor activity, such as walking, hiking or running if you maintain social distancing
- To perform work providing essential products and services at a life-sustaining business
- To care for a family member or pet in another household
- Any travel related to the provision of or access to the above-mentioned individual activities or life-sustaining business activities
- Travel to care for elderly, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons
- Travel to or from educational institutions for purposes of receiving materials for distance learning, for receiving meals, and any other related services
- Travel to return to a place of residence from an outside jurisdiction
- Travel required by law enforcement or court order.
- Travel required for non-residents to return to their place of residence outside the commonwealth
The following operations are exempt:
- Life-sustaining business activities
- Health care or medical services providers
- Access to life-sustaining services for low-income residents, including food banks
- Access to child care services for employees of life-sustaining businesses that remain open as follows: child care facilities operating under the Department of Human Services, Office of Child Development and Early Learning waiver process; group and family child care operating in a residence; and part-day school age programs operating under an exemption from the March 19, 2020 business closure Orders.
- News media
- Law enforcement
- The federal government
- Religious institutions
Additionally, all schools statewide will remain closed through at least April 6, 2020.
For more information about the spread of COVID-19 in our region, see the resources below.
LOCAL Government Coronavirus Resources
Allegheny County Health Department online message form (Please check the COVID-19 box)
Allegheny County Health Department phone line: 412-687-2243
STATE Government Coronavirus Resources
Commonwealth of PA phone line: 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258)
FEDERAL Government Coronavirus Resources
Centers for Disease Control question phone line: 800-232-4636