Sign up to receive email updates
Coalition for Autism Research and Education Information.
*** BREAKING NEWS ***
The goals of the bipartisan Coalition for Autism Research and Education include, but are not limited to:
- Increasing general awareness of autism and autism spectrum disorders among Members of Congress and policy analysts in federal government;
- Educating Members of Congress on current and future research initiatives regarding autism;
- Serving as a forum where autism-related policy issues can be exchanged, debated, and discussed;
- Bringing together public, private, and government entities to pursue legislative initiatives that will help facilitate advanced treatments—and ultimately a cure—for autism spectrum disorders.
- Promoting all means to ease the burdens of families and loved ones affected by autism
Please keep in mind that these are general goals for CARE. We are open to suggestions from the families, friends, and loved ones on the front lines of the war on autism. I want to personally thank each and every one of the parents and families who have dedicated themselves not only to their loved ones affected with autism, but also to raising awareness of the need for federal attention to this devastating and life-long disorder.
We still have much work to do, and thus both Rep. Smith and I are once again proud to serve as co-chairs for the Coalition for Autism Research and Education for the 113th Congress. View the for 113th Congress Current Membership As we continue to build support from both the House and Senate, I will update this list as new Members are added. If your Representative is not yet a Member, I encourage you to contact them directly and share your views on the importance of autism advocacy.
View Current Issues or Legislation important to CARE Members
View the 113th Congress CURRENT MEMBERSHIP